Tuesday, September 24, 2013



My love story starts at the Reggae Bar. After months alone, traveling the back roads of Thailand and Laos, I ended up on an overnight bus to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There I made arrangements to go to Bali. The night before my departure, I tossed and turned in my hostel bed. My mind was busy and contemplating my travels. I wasn’t sure where my future would take me or who I’d be with. My busy mind was driving me mad, so the thought of a night cap wasn’t so bad.

I entered the Reggae Bar in hopes a beer would calm my mind. As I stood next the bar, sipping my Tiger, a man walked in, who would change my existence forever. His demeanor was calm, his eyes were kind, and a strange but familiar feeling came to my mind.

Not long after entering the bar, the stranger’s friend approached me and said something hopeful. The stranger was a bit shy, but I should consider joining their table. As I approached the stranger, butterflies in my stomach appeared, but they flew awhile after we spoke of the universe. The stranger smiled so sweetly and laughed so kindheartedly. Overcome with bliss from the wonderful evening, the stranger looked at me with those kind, kind eyes and kissed me.

The next morning, I boarded my flight to Bali, and as we reached sky limit, I felt my heart in my mouth. Who was that stranger?

Let’s skip ahead years later. I’m back at the Reggae Bar. My clothes are soaked from Malaysia’s rain and I am nibbling a piece of pizza and taking small sips of beer. I looked towards the door and there is the stranger again. But this time, he’s not a stranger. The man from the reggae bar turned into my husband.

The Stranger was written by Jessie fromTravel This

0 comments:

Post a Comment